Please Follow our Progress!
We will be posting many updates between now and our Spring 2022 estimated construction start, so check back often and if you have any questions please reach out!
Oliver Bath House History
The Oliver Bath House (initially dubbed the South Side Bath House) was completed in 1915 and was a gift of steel magnate Henry W. Oliver to the city of Pittsburgh. Located in the historic Southside neighborhood, the Bath House was nominated as a city Historic Landmark in February 2017. Programming at the Oliver Bath House is run by the City’s Department of Parks and Recreation who hopes to maximize its use after the rehabilitation, and keep it open throughout the entire year.
Historic Preservation and Sustainable Development Goals
The City of Pittsburgh is committed to preserving the historic integrity of the Oliver Bath House utilizing guidelines set forth in the Secretary of the Interiors Standards for Historic Preservation. We are also committed to enhancing building performance through sustainable measures as outlined in the City’s new Net-Zero/Net-Zero Ready Ordinance. Working with our partners in City Planning and the Office of Sustainability and Resilience, and under the guidance of the State Historic Preservation Officer, we are confident that the Oliver Bath House will continue to serve city residents long into the future.