The Penn Circle Two Way Conversion project is an integral part of Phase 1 of the East Libery Transit Revitalization Investment District (elTRID) implementation plan.
This project will create:
• 6,492 Square Feet of Additional Green Space
• 8,000+ Linear Feet of New Protected Bike Lanes
• 51 New Street Trees
• 3,900 Linear Feet of New Directional Lanes
• 10 Additional Parking Spaces
• 34 Total Striped Crosswalks
Construction Timeline and Phasing
- Beginning late November the project will enter a winter hiatus until spring
- Partial travel lane closures will be in effect at the
following locations. Temporary signage will be installed.
- One (1) travel lane between S Euclid Avenue between Eva Street and Centre Avenue
- One (1) travel lane between N Euclid Avenue between Station Street and Penn Avenue
- One (1) travel lane Station Street between Highland Ave and Rural Street
- Access to Friendship Avenue from the Euclid Avenue and Baum Blvd intersection will be re-opened.
- More detailed information and timeline for the actual two-way conversion will be provided.
- Construction slated to be finished by Spring 2024