Increasing the City's Skate Facilities
The City of Pittsburgh wants to hear from skaters in the community about where it should build new skate parks and facilities.
We plan to use this feedback to inform upcoming park
renovation projects, as well as Capital Budget requests for 2025.
Existing Skate Parks and Facilities
The City of Pittsburgh currently maintains three skate parks in the city, and a couple of facilities with some amenities for skaters, listed below.
- McKinley Skate Park in Beltzhoover
- This skate park features a course built with ramps, half-pipes, splines and rails to challenge each skater's balance and skill.
- West Penn Skate Park in Polish Hill
- This skate park combines a concrete bowl with pre-fabricated pieces for creative use when skating through the course.
- Tuxedo Street Site near Sheraden Park
- This skate park features the latest in modular skate park technology–bowls, fun boxes and grind rails–which makes for a challenging course.
- Paul Scuillo Memorial Park (under Bloomfield Bridge)
- Boundary Street