2021 Operating Budget Engagement
Understanding and Engaging with the Operating Budget
1. The Budget Guide is the very first section of the full operating document and offers insight into how the City of Pittsburgh operates. It explains how money moves through the City in a general sense. This section leads constituents through the City’s accounting structure, major revenue and expenditure categories, the budget creation process, and describes how to interpret other sections of the document.
2. The 2020 Operating Budget Public Forum was held virtually on Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 6pm. Topics included the budget process, tips on how to interpret the budget, the City’s revenue sources, major expenditure categories, current COVID-19 responses, and a short question and answer session with constituents. Residents can view a recording of the forum here:
3. Complete the annual Operating Budget Survey here at EngagePGH by October 16, 2020.
4. Watch Council Budget Hearings.
5. Submit your ideal budget via Balancing Act, the City of Pittsburgh's Participatory Budgeting Tool.