Development Activities Meeting 9/21/22 7pm
Development Activities Meeting at the center that is open to the public to review the upcoming project scope with the community
The renovation will be to incorporate the following:
- ADA compliant ramps to basement, parking lot w/ van accessible parking space, surface drainage, planting, clear rear yard.
- Stormwater management around the building
- Dumpster area that is screened and easily accessible by Environmental Services.
- Spot point all facades. Replace corroded lintels. Restore two chimneys.
- Abate asbestos caulking and glazing at existing windows.
- Replace windows
- Replace exterior doors, louvers, grilles.
- Restore canopy
- Provide an ADA accessible route 1) to the 1st floor and 2) from the proposed parking lot to the 2nd floor.
- New HVAC, electrical- lighting/power, data/communications, fire-protection and plumbing systems throughout the building. Basement complete as is. Finish plumbing at 2nd floor. Rough-in at 3rd floor.
- New generator or generator hook up for the 2nd floor to make this HALC a warming-cooling center.
- Provide an accessible route throughout the building.
- Provide ADA accessible toilet rooms, janitor closets, drinking fountains, and lactation room.
- Reinstall existing interior doors. Provide new interior doors/frames and hardware.
- Provide drywall, insulation and vapor barriers on the interior envelope of the building. Integrate with the new windows on the first floor.
- Provide new walls and ceilings to accommodate the proposed HALC layout.
- Provide a warming kitchen similar to the existing kitchen.
- Lobby stairwell enclosure.
- New elevator.
- Modify building to accommodate new elevator.
- New "hard" ceilings.
- Floor leveler, finish floor and base.
- Acoustical treatments on the second floor.
- Tentative construction start date to begin 2024 pending funding availability