The City of Pittsburgh Department of Public Works, working with the beneficial input of community partners, is seeking input on park infrastructure upgrades to Spring Hill Park. .
The Scope of Work for the project includes*:
- Sports Field Improvements
- Address draining issues with existing field. Evaluate field amenities for replacement including fencing, paving and seating.
- Park Building Improvements
- Includes updating the Spring Hill Park building, which includes restrooms, concessions and potentially group gatherings.
- Play Area Improvements
- Reconfigure and replace existing playground equipment and safety surfacing.
- Sports Court Renovation
- Convert existing asphalt dek hockey to upgraded tile and dasher board system including scoreboard, player benches and spectator seating
- Evaluate the relevancy of the basketball court amenity with the consideration of potential upgrades or conversion to alternative programming
- Park Signage + Trail Connections
- Identify opportunities for signage and improved trail connections to the Greenway.
- Lighting & Safety Improvements
- Evaluate condition of existing site lighting and identify needs for proposed lighting per the newly improved park amenities outlined above
- Stormwater Management should be included to meet requirements for site-wide improvements
*Note: Programming priorities listed above are intended as a general guide and shall be confirmed with the community through the engagement process.